Tuesday, May 8, 2007

No Wonder It Seems Like It's Been Awhile

...it's because it HAS been awhile....

Sometimes doing things takes precedence over getting on the internet and writing about them.

Sometimes there's just too much other work to do.

Either way, Bethena and Iggy and I have been practicing a little bit, but things did get hectic and slow down a bit. I was gone for a few days at a continuing education conference and couldn't take them with me....

Last week, tho, Bethena did a couple of practice rally "run-thrus" and had a really good time. She likes the faster pace without boring breaks between exercises and no stupid long-sits and long-downs. She is in her first rally trials this coming weekend. If we don't qualify, it will be totally my fault, not hers. We haven't really had time to work on much open stuff, work has been crazy.

Iggy has gotten in a little practice, but last week in class was all Bethena. This Thursday, I'll try to run through some basics with him and maybe he can get his CGC this weekend. That will be a start.

Heide is trying to convince me to work for a WC for Bethena (Working Certificate, a very basic hunting/retrieving title) this summer. She's great at retrieving and loves to swim, so that won't be a problem. The problem would be the enormous opportunity for entertainment and showing off when asked to go retrieve a dead duck in a pond in front of an audience. I can only imagine the possibilities!!!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that Bethena and Amelia are two peas in a pod. One was just born the wrong species. Neither can sit still, both love an audience, both have great skill and intelligence that they use for adventures both fair and foul.

Food for thought.