Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A New Place

I decided this afternoon that I should treat myself to five minutes with my kids during the day. In between surgeries and a euthanasia, I went down to the kennel and spent about 2 minutes each with Bethena and Iggy. The idea was to get them to do some work in the corridor along the runs to provide both distractions and a new place to be obedient in. I am thinking if I practice, Ig might be able to have fun at the Pioneer Valley specialty in May and the Greater Boston specialty in June.

Each one did just a little bit of work/play. The biggest problem was that I had the really good treats out so they were paying more attention to the treats than to me. Of course, they deserved the treats, they always do, they have me well trained that way.

Apparently I'm pretty tired, tho, and that didn't help the attempt at "training." When I read Tom's blog last night, I thought a comment by "your baby sister" was from MY baby sister instead of HIS baby sister and it confused me greatly. Until Kris told me that she hadn't, in fact, posted to Tom's blog last night, I didn't figure it out. Even then, it took awhile.

Class tomorrow, Iggy and I will go early to see what happens; then it will be time for the Bethena Variety Hour -- always entertaining.

As for now, I will have a glass of wine, heat up a calzone, hang out a bit on-line to see if Tom is feeling up to posting tonight.... then go read some more of "The Omnivore's Dilemma." So far, it's very good, but then, I liked "The Botany of Desire" a lot, too.

Digressing again, a sure sign that I need to rest up before class tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kris said...

So I just thought I'd write something so I could sign it...
Your baby sister